***THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED***
The BBC Team Time Trial is a team event where the fastest team against the clock for a full 20.5-mile lap around Grand Island is the winner. Smooth and fast paceline rotation is the name of the game. This event counts towards the Team Competition in the Sunday Series. It will not count for individual points, however, individuals are welcome to compete either solo or on a team. Start line is the same as the Individual TT on West River and Long Rd. Finish line is 150 meters short of the start line on the West River outer road. Gather your team together!
- A team’s finishing time is based on the third rider crossing the line.
- Minimum starters per team = 3 riders. Maximum starters = 8 riders.
- Teams will race in as a “Cannibal” category. Road bike only (as you would for a road race or crit). No solid disc wheels and no aero bars.
- In order for your existing club team to count towards the BBC Team Competition, you may draft up to one non-team rider, allow 1 higher category rider to move down within the team, or 2 lower category riders to move up within the team (1 A rider can join the B team, up to 2 B riders can join the A team). Women’s teams can be made up of any category rider 1-4.
- If you don’t have a team you can join an existing club team for the TTT event or you are welcome to complete the event solo!
Sunday Series TTT Scoring:
1st = 45 points
2nd = 36 points
3rd = 30 points
4th = 21 points
5th = 15 points
6th = 12 points
7th = 9 points
8th = 6 points
9th and on = 3 points
Try to go for the course record!
- Men’s TTT Record- 42:12 (TBS Racing in 2013).
- Men’s TTT Cannibal Record- 44:44 (Shickluna in 2021).
- Women’s Cannibal Record- 51:30 (Fine Lady Cannibals composite in 2013).
- Solo Rider: :45:16 Ryan Joyce (2014).